As you may have heard, Libraries are allowed to re-open in Phase 1 of Governor Kelly’s Plan to Reopen the State. This is very exciting news for us, since the library has been closed since the middle of March. We will have guidelines that we will need to follow, as well as our Patrons, to keep all of us safe and healthy. Below are our current Guidelines we will be following for this reopening process. Please know that this process may change as we go along, please be patient with us.
- The Library will be open limited hours. Wednesday’s and Saturday’s will be from 9:00am to 1:30pm. These times changes are only temporary and we will go back to normal hours eventually.
- We will be limited to 4 people in the library at a time. There will be hangers on the door, grab a number and if you arrive while the library is full, please be patient and wait 6 foot from the door.
- Curb side pickup and home deliveries will be available. You can view our online catalog at www.wilseyelmcreek.libib.com. You can call your order in, send us an email at email@example.com or even send us a facebook message. If you would like curb side, let us know what time you will be there to pick up your books.
- Our computers will be available by appointment only for this first phase, with time on them limited. For the time being, computers cannot be used for online gaming. WiFi will be available as always and can be accessed from outside the building.
- Offices supplies, headphones for the computers, arts and crafts supplies, and toys will not be available for use. Printers will be available.
- Until further notice, we will not have a public restroom. Hand sanitizer will be available at the librarian’s desk.
Things we will be doing for your safety include: wiping down of computer desk, keyboards, mice, and chairs in the computer area. Putting returned items on a 72 hour hold, sealing them in a plastic bag so gems can be eliminated. Librarian will wear a mask while working. Library will be disinfected once before the library opens, and will be cleaned again when closed.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get a hold of our Library Director Samantha Asebedo. We hope to see you soon in the library.