I don’t know about the rest of you, but January went by fast!!! Our February started off with Story Time. We did a little wiggling, and read Dog-Fish. The story was adorable. And if anyone can find me a Gold Fish that plays fetch and reads books you can bring it to me here at the Library!!! We also made some homemade Dog Treats. I have put the recipe below.
If you haven’t had a chance to come into the library lately then you have missed out on a lot of changes. We hope you are able to stop in soon.
Homemade Puppy Treats
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Oatmeal
- 1 large Banana
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind your oats until they’re powder.
- In a bowl, beat together the banana and peanut butter until smooth. A few small chunks of banana here and there is ok. The dough should stick together, but shouldn’t be sticky.
- Reserve about a tablespoon of ground oatmeal and pour the rest into the banana peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Dust your surface with the reserved ground oatmeal and roll your dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake treats for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to a week.